Sunday, December 2, 2007

BIG GIRLS GO TO NURSERY...


Grace went to nursery for the first time today. The entire first hour of church I was anticipating it with knots in my stomach. The idea of dropping her off with someone else, a stranger to her, just killed me. As we set her down in the room she ran straight for a little pink doll that she had to have. We quickly shut the door and my eyes welled up with tears. There was no window to peek through to see if she was okay so I did the next best thing, I had my friend Jared open the door to check on her! She was fine! Absolutely having a ball. She didn't care that we were gone, she had toys. This made me feel a little better to know that she wasn't in there screaming for me but then it kicked in, why wasn't she screaming for me? After about 30 minutes they brought her out to me with tears running down her face. Some of the other kids started to freak out when they got dropped off and it freaked her out. Anyway, we are all easing into this process I guess. It is so sad that she is getting so big. I am almost certain that the day will come that we look forward to dropping her off just to get a little bit of a break, but that day was not today and it probably won't be next week either. (Sigh...)

2 comments:

Brie said...

It is really sad how fast they grow up. Just wait and tell me how bad you cry when you drop her off for her first day of preschool?

Carla said...

Lisa, you are so adorable! They do grow up fast but you still have lots of "firsts" infront of you and this I know better than anyone, no matter how big they get, they will always be your baby girls!