Monday, November 26, 2007

DECEPTIVELY DECEITFUL?




I wanted Jessica Seinfeld's book "Deceptively Delicious" but there was this huge ordeal about her plagiarizing. I figured there had to be some truth somewhere in the story because all she ever said about it was that she had the same idea as the author who wrote "The Sneaky Chef", but she got her book published first. That sounds a little fishy to me... So, both books are identical. They have many of the same recipes in them, and quite a few of the same "tricks" to getting your kids to eat healthy. The only reason there is a huge craze over Jessica Seinfeld's book is because she was on Oprah. Here is my philosophy: If I wasn't allowed to cheat or plagiarize in school, you're not allowed to do it in the professional world either! I would feel much better knowing that I am supporting someone who does not have huge ball of controversy lagging in their wake. I got "The Sneaky Chef" for my birthday and I love it!

2 comments:

cassaundra said...

Okay, am I living under a rock?? I just bought the Jessica Seinfeld book a few weeks ago. I have not heard anything about this...I feel so bad! But the recipes I have tried have been good so far, to bad they were stolen.

Lisa McIntyre said...

Who knows, that is just what I heard. But both of the books are identical to one another. She was on Oprah the other day. But the book is great!