
Josh ran an ultra marathon this morning up at Bootleg Canyon in Boulder City. The race is called "
THE WORLD OF HURT". Anything longer than 26.2 miles is considered an ultra marathon. He ran 31.1 miles today. I personally would not be caught dead EVER volunteering to run a race like this, much less paying to do it. But he LOVES it! He did really well. A lot of the people who signed up for the 50k ended up quitting at the half way point and only did the 25k because it was such a tough course! C'mon, there is no glory in that! Josh finished his full race and when he came through the finish line I could see the look on his face was that he just wanted to get the heck out of there ASAP. He is sooooo tired, he can barely walk right now. But HE IS A STUD!!! This is his second ultra marathon this year and he took second place in his first, so we will have to see as time goes on how he excels at this. It was really cute to see Grace run up to him at the end of his race. She just wanted him to hold her. Josh's parents drove out to watch the action and I was there with both the girls. We had a lot of fun, but as people started coming in from the 25k we noticed they were bruised and bloodied. This wasn't the best feeling not knowing where he was or what was happening, but when he came through he had hurt his leg and his hand was a bit bloody from falling twice. There was a runner there that fell six times! I guess that is why they called it "the world of hurt"! Josh scratched up his hand and leg pretty well. The terrain was not very friendly to anyone. It was still dark outside when we got there. He ran the race with his friend Steve and he did very well for his first 50K. Grace was so excited to see her daddy finally after 7 hours and 16 minutes of pure HUMAN POWER ONLY running! SEXY!!!
9 comments:
I am seriously impressed! I HATE running with every fiber of my being and I give major props to anyone that does what Josh does. That is really something to be proud of...congratulations!
I am so proud of him! He did so well. We were supposed to go to Brandon and Courtney's party tonight... I guess that didn't happen. I came home from the grocery store and he had both the girls in bed and he is PASSED OUT! We'll see how well he is walking at church tomorrow!
Congratulations Josh !! If I ran
more than 50 feet I would have to
stop and rest. That applies to
both of us.
"YOU THE MAN"
Hope you are back to feeling
normal again soon.
He is up and at 'em right now cooking steaks for breakfast! He is a little tired, but is doing better today than I thought he would. We miss you guys and hope to see you soon! Lily is getting so big now (even though she is tiny). At her 5 week check up she weighed 7.4 lbs. She has had to back for two more weight checks since then but she is healthy, just small. XOXO!
Josh We are so proud of you!!!
We know it was hard but you finished! Thanks for letting us be apart of your race.
We love you Mom & Dad
Josh,
I am so stinking proud of you. You are seriously such an athletic inspiration to me... we need to do another midnight run. BRING IT ON BABY!!!
Lace,
You seriously should have seen his little face crossing the line! I was exausted just looking at him. When Steve came in he looked like he was about to die also! But they both did it. A lot of the other people gave up after 25k. LOSERS!!!
Josh you are truely amazing I would probably die just trying to run from your house to mine!! Congrats on finishing the run!!
CONGRATS!!! YOU ARE CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment