Tuesday, September 1, 2009

PRESCHOOL....KINDA, BUT NOT REALLY

This was the shirt that I made Grace for her first day of school. I know... I'm obviously a little paranoid, but who cares. She is my little nugget and I just wanted to make sure everyone knew she was a newbie today.



The traditional first day of school picture.



Grace standing in the office in front of the school mascot. (Sniff, sniff....little tear. Okay, I'm okay.)


She is so big.....where did the time go? Yes, at THIS very moment I understand my mother absolutely.



Grace looked at a dolphin book while she waited for Ms. Lisa to come get her and the other students. She would not part with the glasses. Apparently she thinks she is Jack Nicholson. Whatever, a much cuter version I must say!


Josh told me I was going a little overboard (it's not like she is starting first grade), but who cares? This is her time to shine! This is our time to go "school shopping" even if she is only going for a total of 1 hour a week! That's right, only one hour. But still, she needed a backpack to put her "homework" in, right (and some pencils, and crayons, and folders, and note pads....)? And why not get a few new pieces of clothing to mix and match for our brand new student? Isn't this why the "back to school sale" was invented anyway? I get this from my mom. She has been taking all of the grand kids "back to school shopping" since they were born. When my nephew was 9 months old she took him and we all thought she was crazy. Now it is a tradition for her to take them every year. Who's overboard (certainly not me)? I'm only teaching her proper preparation skills. Always have what you need..??? I realize I'm making excuses, but she was so darn cute today!



Not too sure if she wants to leave mom's side and go with new people.


The smallest "Grizzly" you've ever seen.


Isn't there supposed to be a little face peeking out of the window to make sure that I didn't leave????? I stood there for a minute and watched......she didn't look back once, then I felt my face start to get warm and my eyes get blurry. "Get a hold of yourself, you'll see her in 30 minutes..." I thought. Then I pushed the elevator button and went back to the office and waited.

She did such a good job on her first day, better than I did. We'll see if I do better during the drop off tomorrow. I'll let you know.
I'm a proud Momma right now.

8 comments:

lauren said...

oh she is so dang cute and so big!! i cant believe it! i will be the same as you getting all emotional! where does she go to preschool??

Lisa McIntyre said...

Okay, it isn't "really" preschool because we all know where she will be going, but it was her very first school experience at a real school. She is going twice a week to Givens down the street from us. She loved it!

Unknown said...

she is so cute lisa!! she isgetting so big too!! she is going to my moms preschool next year rite?:)

Coco said...

i can't even imagine baylee on this day in the future, but i know it will be here before i know it. she's already 16 months and it seems like just yesterday i had her!!! congrats mom.

Mamma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mamma said...

She is The cutest girl at Givens (until Lily starts)!! I can't believe she is so big already. Reminds me of your first day (sniff).

Mamma said...

Time flies, doesn't it? Always remember to savor every moment, for if you don't, they pass way to fast. She must be the coolest to start today!

Lisa McIntyre said...

Grace was so excited to hear that Papa commented about her day after Mamma did! She thought it was so cool, when I read it to her and told her it was from Papa she got really big eyes and said "my Papa?"