When Lily was born she had the most adorable little growth on the end of her tongue. We asked the doctor about it and we were told that it was nothing to be worried about and she would probably always have it. Surgery at a later date was an option if we felt it needed to be done. I decided to give her little friend a name since his stay in our family was to be permanent. "Skip" was the name he would be given. Over the past 17 months he has played an important role in making that smile of hers so stinkin' adorable. Today as I was walking through Target I looked up and Lily's cheek had what I thought was a small piece of food on it. I wiped it off and flicked it off of my finger when I noticed she had a little bit of blood on her face. Initially I freaked out because I had no idea what was wrong (she hadn't cried at all or made strange noises) so I started to pry open her mouth to take look at her teeth. There was nothing there! I was so confused and a little bothered that I could not find the source of the blood. There wasn't much else to do because she was absolutely fine. HOURS later after her nap and lunch she started her daily routine of afternoon laughter and to my horror Skip was gone! GONE? He was just here this morning?! Where could he have gone? After all, he is attached permanently?! It was all coming together right then. What I thought was a piece of food this morning was little Skip. She bit him clean off! And to think that he is laying lifeless on the dirty floor in Target right now. Sigh... RIP little man.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
R.I.P. "SKIP"...
Posted by Lisa McIntyre
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
So sad about skip, we will miss him! I can't wait to see her little mouth without him. She is her grandma's Lily Frilly!
i kinda feel like liilly cause rught now on the tip of my tongue i have a enlarged taste bud from eatting sour, stuff and it hurts...i think lilly hated hers so she bit it off, i love that sweet baby lily ! smooch grace too.
wow i really pushed to many l's and i's in lily's name ...not very good at typing
oh my stars lisa your lil girls are so funny! so i am not coming down 4 valentines day ,but give them a hug and akiss for me plz :)
Poor Lily!! I want to see that cute smile with no skip!! She is such a funny girl :O)
Post a Comment