

(No joke, Lauren and Lisa both heard this over the phone.) Grace read her first book today!!! All by herself!!! She read Brown Bear Brown Bear, What do You See? Okay, okay, while I realize that she wasn't actually reading each word, she did have the entire book memorized word for word! She is really good with colors and animals, (obsessed with animals actually) so I think this helped her out as she flipped the pages. I had to sneak and call so they could hear because if she catches me on the phone while she is concentrating she says, "No talk mom!" in her high pitched girlie voice that sends a warmth straight to my heart. I'm so impressed with my little lover girl right now! It seems like a week ago I was rocking my darling child to sleep as a newborn and now she is reading me books.
(Big sigh....................)




10 comments:
i love gracie! oh she is so smart. and when i was a kid i loved that book too.
thanks for letting me hear her! it made my day
haha i love it lisa! Gracie girl is SO SMART! i always knew she had the McIntyre genes in her!
That is too cute!
Hey, I have been meaning to ask you and your picture from today's post reminded me...where do you get your cute headbands? My sister had one similar to yours that I borrowed and loved, but I can only find them at Nordstroms for $40. A little too pricey for me!
That's Grandma's BIG GIRL!!! She did such a good job. I can't wait to hold her and have her read it to me!!! Thanks for calling.
I make the headbands. I have tons of my great grandma's jewelry so the "costume" pieces I usually take apart and make into headbands or bracelets. I also have quite a few that are made from buttons that I got at Michael's. They sell them in huge packs for around $5.00. I agree though, the cute ones are always priced so insane. $40.00 goes to diapers, wipes and apple juice these days!
Oh that is so cute! She is so beautiful! We need to have a play date again soon
it doesn't get cuter then that.
Brown Bear is Monet's favorite book too. She 'reads' it every night before bed. I am so impressed with little kids memorization skills. I don't even remember which animal comes next.
Grace and Monet need a playdate!
They totally do! How fun would that be? We should plan one soon. Grace's third birthday is coming up May 7 and I am thinking of doing a "best friend" birthday where all her little friends bring their favorite stuffed animal with them to the party. We need to get them together though to do some girl stuff!
Post a Comment