Friday, November 28, 2008

A DAY LATE AND DOLLAR SHORT...


My mom BEGGED me to go shopping with her this morning. All week long I have denied her requests, however this morning I had a change of heart. It could be because she watched my Grace over night while I stayed home puking and cleaning up Lily's puke, or maybe it was because the sales at JoAnn's were just too good to pass up. It could have also been because I'm simply the best daughter in the world and I just decided to give in...who knows!?!? My general rule of thumb is that there is no sale in the world worth fighting over, and we all know that fights between usually civilized adults break out on Black Friday over (of all things) children's toys! I would rather sit on my couch in my pj's with my morning cup of Oprah and hear about all the madness on the 5:00 news.


Even though it is a day late, I still have so many things to be thankful for. I'm usually very private with all of this stuff, but lately I've heard so many stories of people whose lives just aren't going right. Either they are unhappy, or they talk about missed opportunities with loved ones and it just makes me realize how much I have in the invisible form of what we call relationships.


I'm thankful for...

The security of knowing who I am.

The chance to be a mother.

The person I have found to spend eternity with.

The family we have created.

Being the one that my daughters want when they are sick.

My parents being the example that they are to me.

Healthy children.

A hard working and "oh so fun!" husband.

My in laws who are not like typical "in laws", and who treat me like a daughter and sister.

The ability to recognize the gift of meaningful relationships.

The feeling I get by knowing that God knows who I am.

Lily taking her first steps earlier this week!

A husband who lets me put up the Christmas decorations the day before Thanksgiving.

My new cookbook Hello Cupcake. Don't worry, I'll blog with pics soon!

Not having to clean up puke today.

Daughters who think each other is the world's bread and butter.

Being able to understand what Grace is saying with her massive run on sentences.............

The fact that I do not have watch any more Elmo for the day.

To know that I am loved.

To be able to get Grace into a little pink tutu every Tuesday and watch her at dance class.

To be able to watch my children grow.

A man who is so into being a husband and father.

Hearing Grace say, "Gracie made that!" with so much pride after she draws on something.

The girls' fisher-price Nativity set so they won't break mine again!

My new Christmas decorations.

The girls being almost old enough to start making holiday "creations" with me.

The flu only being 24 hours.

BOTH the girls being in nursery in three months!!!!!

The girls' little diaper butts, they will be gone too soon.

Seeing Josh's headlights pull up after he gets off of work.

Being able to make Christmas garland 3 and1/2 years later out of extra wedding invites.

The not so silent nights that keep our house running at the pace of a 24 hour Vegas HOT SPOT!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

SO AWESOME LISA! you know your considered a daughter at our house ! love ya!

Courtney M said...

I love all your little thoughts....and we need to get together soon! Scarlett is to the age where she LOVES kids!

cassaundra said...

I want to see the garland. I have about 100 extra!