Sunday, June 15, 2008

SAD....

Tonight we were over at Josh's parents house for dinner and his mom told us a story of a little girl who had drown on Friday in her family's hottub. When they found her she was limp and not breathing. Sadly, after being comatose for friday and Saturday, she passed away this afternoon at 4:15. Her parents were able to stay with her and hold her for a while by themselves. This does not look like the type of family who doesn't watch their kids. It happend in the blink of an eye. Her name is Camille and she looked about a year old (give or take). I had to get up while she was reading because I was crying and just couldn't hear it. Josh and I have two beautiful, healthy little girls who we love more than anything. Maybe this story just hit really close to home (we don't know them) because we have two girls about Camille's age. We talked on the way home about what we could change about how we keep our eye on them, especially Grace because she is at that age. No matter how close we think we are watching our kids, there is always something else we can do in addition to what we already are doing.

We came home and sat on the couch, each with one girl on our lap and said a prayer. We are so grateful for their safety and their health. We have been so lucky and so blessed with our daughters and I cannot ever express my love for my Heavenly Father for the beautiful gift that He has given both Josh and myself.

It such a tragedy when something like this happens and for some reason I felt the desire write this post. I have so many friends and family who have small children. I immediately thought of them. Grace, Lily, Corbin, Timmy, Ashton, Tegan, Niya, Porter, Miles, Ruby, Cru, Lennon.......the list can go on, and it would break my heart if this story were about one of these kids. I love them all and just want to remind everyone that Summer is here. We are all swimming with the kids. Be SO, SO careful, it can happen to any of us in the blink of an eye. I don't mean to be cheesy, but I just love all those little people that I mentioned above and want to do my part to help in keeping them safe, even if it is with a blog post. I hope this is useful to some of you. Sorry for the tears.....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

aww sad lisa! im glad your going to be more watchful with the girls now!

cassaundra said...

I am such a freak about this. We had a dear family friend die about 6 years ago, when she was only 2 in her family's spa. As big of a wake up call as that was just this weekend little Miles had to be pulled out of the pool 2 times because now that he is in swim class he thinks he can swim anywhere...and I was literally sitting 3 feet away...luckily. Thank you so much for sharing. I would just die if anything happened to you guys...I think we are suppose to live next door to eachother...how can we work that out?

Lisa McIntyre said...

We could go in on a vacation home!?! Do you think that Dylan and Josh would go for it? We could split it three ways with Lace!!! Maybe in........Hawaii! Okay, okay...we'll just settle for play dates when you're in town. For now anyway... ;)

Coco said...

lisa, i'm friends with marlene, and it was her niece camille that died. when i read about it on her blog i started bawling. i don't know the family, but being a mom now with little baylee girl it just hits home so much harder. your post was not cheesy--it was from the heart.