Monday, May 5, 2008

THE MOTH...


I had this really cute ceramic jar on my stove top that I usually light a candle in. Tonight, it was killed in the line of duty. I don't know if any of you have seen the moths that have been flying around town lately, but this thing was the size of a flippin' hummingbird!!! I'm not joking. First I trapped it in the cabinet (or so I thought), then I see it flying around the kitchen! Luckily the girls were both in bed and their door was partially closed otherwise I would have probably scared the pee right out of Grace with all my screaming. I could not gather my sanity so I did the only thing I knew to do.....get a towel, a heavy magazine and start beating the crap out of it! After a pretty hefty beating I took the towel off and started sifting through the debris that at one time made a piece of domestic eye candy. Wouldn't you know it, it came back from the dead!!! There is NO POSSIBLE WAY this moth could have gone unharmed, I think there is some type of witchcraft going on in my house because he flew to light with no problem. I waited, watched, and seized my opportunity as soon as I saw it. I trapped him in the air vent in the kitchen and I'm hoping he will die there. My part is done, the rest is up to Josh.



This is all that is left of my jar...




5 comments:

Robert McIntyre said...

They really love to crawl on your face while you sleep.......just kidding sleep well.....

Lisa McIntyre said...

not cool.

Unknown said...

haha i read this, this morning and i just laughed! i mean what else is there to do?i can totally see you trying to smack it around trying to beat it up! thanx for the funny story! it made my day!

Tara said...

That thing is HUGE!

Carla said...

Lisa, if there was no other reason for that to happen to you, it was to make me laugh! Your poor jar...

That thing is huge! I would have peed my own pants while screaming!