Tuesday, January 15, 2008

WHAT SEVERE LACK OF SLEEP CAN DO TO A PERSON...

Lily was born August 30 last year. By the end of this month she will be five months old. So often I look at her and think to myself, "Wow, where has the time gone?" and other times I think, "This has been the L-O-N-G-E-S-T five months of my life!" Let me explain this last statement. I HAVE NOT SLEPT IN ALMOST FIVE MONTHS! I know, I know, some people are saying, "Welcome to parenthood!", or "It will be like this for the rest of your life." I get it, I'm a parent now, but how long can a person run their engine on nothing? Josh had a holiday party for work at the Marriot and we stayed there over night a few weeks ago and that was the only night we didn't have to wake up with the baby since the day she was born! Is this some kind of test? If it is I am failing horribly. Everyday just slowly fades into the next, and then the next, and then the next...and here we are almost five whole months later and still no sleep. Oh well. I guess we just keep truckin' along until we realize that we haven't slept in 10 years. I guess at that point you really don't need it anymore. For those of you who haven't seen me in a while here is what I look like now due to LACK OF SLEEP!!! I tell ya... it's downright unhealthy! So please, take it from me, if you are not yet a parent get some sleep while you can! Don't let THIS happen to you also...........

2 comments:

Carla said...

Lisa, I know exactly what you are saying and how you feel. Rachel had colic for 10 months! I thought I was going to die. Never in my life has a year gone by and been such a blur to me. Some nights I would be up rocking her and feeling terrible that she wasn't sleeping either, but also thinking, "Is there ever going to be a night where I am going to get to sleep?!" Trust me, it passes, even though it feels like it will last forever! You will catch up. Heck, call me! I'll watch the girls if you are ever in the mood for a long nap...SERIOUSLY!CALL ME! Love ya, you big zombie mom! Ü (That pictures seriously FrEaKs me out!)

GGrandparents said...

I know what you are going through.
Josh's dad did this for an entire
year. I spent most nights up
rocking him. I wasn't working so
that helped but I still had family
to take care of during the day
so couldn't get caught up.
Hang in there, it will end. Has
the doctor offered any reasons for
her crankyness??
Good Luck !!