
Last night we got home from the annual blanket party at Lacey's house and all was well... at least for a little while. Josh and I were talking and Grace wanted in on the action of course, so she had to be right in the middle. He picked her straight up. No bending, no twisting...straight up. She sat on his lap and started screaming! We were both so confused. For about twenty minutes she sat on my lap and would not move. She was holding her left hand over her right wrist so we thought it was her hand. Josh's uncle is an emergency room doctor so we met him there at 11:00 last night. We lucked out on that one because anyone else might have started asking questions! Anyway, I guess it is called nurse maid's elbow. It is when the arm is dislocated at the elbow and it is very common because of how children are picked up. I had to hold her in my lap while he popped it back into place!!! It was horrible. We both felt sick about it last night. As we walked out of the hospital I asked her for a high five and she gave it to me with her right arm. Her pain stopped almost immediately after he popped it into place. We got home and at 12:00 am we figured she deserved a popsicle! We all sat on the couch together and she chomped away on a green otter pop. Just a bump in the road for a 19month old baby. I'm sure many more will follow, but this was her first big boo boo.
Monday, December 17, 2007
SUNDAY NIGHT AT THE E.R.
Posted by Lisa McIntyre
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
GIVE GRACE A KISS FROM AUNT CINDY AND TELL HER I LOVE AND I HOPE SHE FELLS BETTER. AND YOU BE CAREFULL WITH MY BABIES.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
I did that to Ryan's arm while jumping on a trampoline with him. It happened again during sacrament meeting. Good excuse to leave. Be careful, because once it happens it is really easy to do it again. I had to really remember not to pick Ryan up like that. Now he is way too heavy.
Josh and Lisa,
Sorry to hear about Grace's boo-boo :-(
But...glad to hear she's alright now :-)
Give her a hug and kiss from us!
Shelly & Sandy
Lisa,
I am so sorry that happened to Grace. You must have been so upset! Glad to hear you are both doing better.
I'm calling CPS....mean Daddy. Grandpa McIntyre will protect you!lol!
Post a Comment