


Grace is now 19 months old and is still attatched to her nuk! Okay, I know all of you are wondering what that is, right? In my family we have always called a pacifier a nuk (rhymes with hook), but everybody else calls it a binky. I always grew up calling a blanket a binky and a pacifier a nuk. Now that we have that squared away, Grace will not let go of her nuk for ANYTHING! She takes a nap and it is with her. She goes to bed for the night and has it in her hand. If she wakes up in the middle of the night, she screams for it. The car, the store, our house....anywhere she is, the nuk is with her. Sadly, yesterday she was forced to sever all ties with the nuk...FOREVER. We had to cut all the ends off of them. We told her it was broken but she still holds it in her hand. She was so confused at first because it won't stay in her mouth, but now she seems to not really care. For nineteen months it has been her faithful companion. Always soothing her when she cries, sitting with her at every meal, and riding with her in the car. It has even been witness to many nightly prayers, never uttering a single word but always letting her know that it was there for her when she needed it. A good friend indeed, you will be missed but never forgotten beloved pacifier. A moment of silence please for a love lost...
R.I.P.
GRACE'S FAITHFUL PACIFIER
MAY 7, 2006-DECEMBER 18, 2007
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
R.I.P BELOVED PACIFIER...
Posted by Lisa McIntyre
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
hey you let that sweet little girl have that, i talked to my orthodontist and she wont have binkie teeth unless she sucks when she is like 5 yrs. !!!!!!!
Happy day for the parents. Sad day for Grace. Isn't it kind of bitter sweet? It's sad in a way, because a chapter of their little life is done. She is so cute!!
LOL I loved this post. I also love the family name for stuff like nuk...my entire life I thought nylons or tights were called "susies" because that's what my mom called them every Sunday getting ready for church. Until I got to college and asked someone where my susies were...and it all fell apart right then. Cute pictures -- I cannot believe how much she looks like you!
Merry Christmas you guys!
We were finally able to open your
blog without it dissappearing for
us. Good to see the pics of you
two and the babies. Hope your
Christmas was wonderful and the
new year will be one especially
for you.
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm, you guyssssssssssssss...I sort of wish you'd update your blog. I think I speak for many so don't shoot the messenger....
Oh and THANKS for coming over and grilling the other night! Your girls are fantastic! Next time we'll get Jesse and Lindsey there, too! :)
Post a Comment