




Finally... the hectic holidays are over. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the family aspect of it all but the rest I can do without. Crowded stores, long lines, rude people that hate their job (or rude customers), and all the people that think they are the only ones in a hurry. This is not my idea of a good time. Anyway, when all is said and done we had a great Christmas! This was Lily's first Christmas and the first year that Grace was actually able to enjoy it. Last year she was too young. It was fun to watch her open all her gifts with so much enthusiasm. She had fun opening Lily's as well! It made me feel so much older this year...realizing for the first time that our kids are at the age that we were when our parents had this feeling. Wow! I never thought that was possible! Am I the only one that thinks that when my parents were 27 television was only black and white and the idea of cell phones was so far fetched? Anyway, here I am 27, married, with two kids. I think this was the best Christmas ever because it was the first time I got that "mom" feeling when I saw my daughter so excited the way I would get at her age. It is so cool to be the one buying the gifts that they've had their eye on. Even though she is so young, she still has her "things". She loves to carry her dolls around the house. She didn't get that from me because dolls give me the creeps! Still, it is fun to see her develop her own likes and dislikes. Our Christmas was great, hope yours was too!
Monday, December 31, 2007
CHRISTMAS 2007
Posted by Lisa McIntyre
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Lisa, so glad you guys had a great Christmas. I know exactly what you mean about the "mom" feeling. It has never gone away for me. This was my 18th Christmas as a mom and my joy and happiness always comes from watching them get excited about their gifts. Most Christmas' the girls have to yell at me and Richard to open our gifts because we forget about them and get caught up in watching them. Being a mom is the very best! Hope you guys have a wonderful New Years- Love ya...
Oh, and I haven't forgotten about your box. I am just so far behind on everything. Nice way to start the year, huh? It is all inked and the bow is ready. (Big and gold!) I will get it done soon and bring it by. Sorry I am such a slow poke!
Post a Comment