Friday, August 10, 2007

GRACE'S 15 MONTH CHECK-UP...


Grace had her 15 month check up yesterday. Everytime she goes in, the Dr. says how much he loves to see her because she is so good for him. I guess it makes for a nice break in his day from all the usual screaming. She is growing well and meeting all of the tasks that are expected of her at this age. You know you're a mom when you hold your breath until they quit asking all the questions like, "Is she running?", "Is she using 5-15 words?", "Does she point?". I found myself standing there like I had just passed a midterm with flying colors, then I realized it was Grace, not me! She is a healthy little nugget but she is so small! Measuring in at a whopping 30" long and 20.2 lbs she is a little squirt!!! She is in the 10 percentile. But... good things come in small packages. Then it came time for her shots. Two in the right leg, one in the left. She screamed as I would have expected, but then as she was crying she reached her arms out for me to pick her up and she said "maaaamaaaaa" through her little tears. It was very sad for her but very sweet for me as a mom (I know, that's selfish). At the end of all of it she was healthy, clear of any shots for three more months and smiling again by the time we walked out of the office.

1 comments:

Bob said...

I HATE shot time, but your so right about all the questions you feel like you are the one that has to pass!! oh and this is Lindsey I am at mom and dads