Here is your picture Bob! (Wink wink!!)
I figured since everyone else is posting their thoughts about the election results maybe I should also. C'mon, I don't want to feel left out??!!!??
GET OVER IT!!! McCain lost, Obama won, move on.....John McCain would have been an excellent president, but obviously more people had faith in Obama and his vision for this country. If everyone focused more on being graceful and supportive of our future president than they did on being negative, maybe we would be more united. He deserves (and won) the chance to prove himself to the American people. This is not Armageddon, or the Second Coming. We couldn't possibly be any worse off than we have been for the past eight years.



10 comments:
Oh I am so with you! I think it is actually pretty incredible he won. I think it shows how non-racist this country really is. He has got people to come together like never before. I am actually very proud that I was able to watch a little piece of history being made!
Oh and I did vote for McCain, but I really believe in supporting the President that America chooses. Everything will be fine, it couldn't be worse!
I voted for McCain but I never cared for either candidate. But you're right...we all just need to move on. For me this election was never about economics or foreign relations...I was too concerned with our country's moral direction, but ultimately that is determined by the people, not the president (although Presidential support sure does help).
I do think it is incredible, like Courtney pointed out, that our country has come so far to elect an African American as President. He will do some great things for this country. What I am really sick of is some of the racist comments I keep hearing and seeing being sent around via text or e-mail. Have some respect people...he IS the new President.
All I care about is Prop 8 passed....YEAH!
Way to go Lisa. We voted for
Obama but after the initial dis-
appointment if McCain had won I
would have supported him just
like I will Obama. As Courtney
stated, it couldn't get any
worse. Life does go on, so just
roll with the punches that life
givew you.
Amen. I am 100% confident in Barack Obama as both a person and a leader of our country. While I don't agree with him on several issues, I appreciate that he's inspired both American citizens and people worldwide. We needed that. To say that Republicans are good and Democrats are bad is to simplify the issue. The Republican party is just as corrupt as any other. That said, he has my 100% support and enthusiasm, whether or not he had my vote.
My thoughts on the election are that neither of them would be great for us. We need to trust in the men that are called of God. I think we need to remember that it was a President who allowed Mormon's to be killed on the spot. We have prophesy that we will be killed again for our beliefs, that Prophets will be left dead in the street. Does this mean I think it will be Obama, or that the world will end in 4 years, no not necessarily. Obama Might do good, he might do bad. For me, personally, it just means I need to follow the prophet.
Like I said, we all need to be graceful and supportive. I've got two kids now, I don't have time in the day to focus on all the negativity in the world. It just seems like a waste of my time. Just my opinion.....
I agree that we need to support the president, whether we voted for him or not. It just may take me a while longer, being the deep thinker I am. I'm just slower. I think it would be more appropriate to say to the protesters of prop 8 - ok, majority rule, now get over it.
I mean Governor, Whoops.
Regardless of who the president is I will still "cling bitterly to my guns and my religion".Bob
Hold that gun tight!!
Post a Comment