I'm sure many of you have heard the terrible news of the AZ couple that were in a plane crash in mid August. Today they are both still in the hospital in critical condition with several difficult months ahead of them. The past few days I have been staring at Grace's dresser trying to come up with anything I can do to clean off her lovely artwork without taking the paint off. I'm stuck. I've got nothing. Everything I have thought to do will ruin it. Today as I was putting laundry away in their room I thought to myself about Stephanie and Christian Nielson and their four small children. They won't be putting their kids to bed tonight, or getting up with them tomorrow. They won't be buckling and unbuckling kids out of car seats or taking them to the park this weekend to play, but I get to. I get to stay at home with my girls and do all of the fun and sometimes not so fun things that mothers do. So I thought it better to embrace the artwork on the dresser. If it comes off, fine. If not, fine. I very well could have given birth to the next Picasso....and what would I do if I erased a masterpiece? For now it is a new part of our home. After all, who am I to hinder my little nugget's creative side? 
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
EMBRACING THE ART...
Posted by Lisa McIntyre
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
Good for you Lisa. We always should look at the brighter side of things even if we are a little upset with the little nuggets that are just trying to have a little fun.
I am so sad for that couple and there four kids that don't have mommy and daddy there for them at this time.
I am so glad that my little nuggets are happy and well and that there mommy and daddy are here for them.
Lisa, we have so much to be grateful for. Our little nuggets that are healthy and happy, even if they drive us crazy sometimes. And the wonderful husbands that support us in our everyday life. We are truly some lucky girls.
Post a Comment