Friday, February 29, 2008

LILY'S CHECK UP/ GRACE'S CHOKE HOLD...





I can't believe that Lily is already six months old. It seems like just yesterday that I was being violated by every female member of the labor and delivery staff, or that I was still in denial that I was now the mother of two healthy, beautiful (can I say that?), little sugar boogers. Some time has passed and now we are no longer in denial about this. Oh no, we are reminded of this every time we are late to church, a family function, or daily obligations. Then there are the ever so frequent times that we have to be in four places at once just to make sure that the house doesn't burn down, our two year old isn't walking on top of the counter or pulling the dog by the tail and laughing, or sometimes trying to help out by mopping the floor with juice and her sock. At the end of the day no matter how difficult either them may have been, I am so lucky to be their mom. We have never had any major scares with either of them and they are both very healthy. It is a crazy thing to be totally and completely responsible for the health and well being of another person, especially little ones that can't help themselves. We always breathe a sigh of relief after each appointment like we all just passed a huge test. It is always good to hear that your baby is healthy. Lily is still just a little squirt. She is 10% for everything. He gave us some ideas to try with her to see if she will start to sleep at night. He said that everything looks great but if we wanted to talk to a pedi. ENT. about the extra tissue on her tongue (which I happen to find irresistible!) she could have surgery to remove it. He said it would be strictly for cosmetic reasons and poses no health threat to her. I don't see the point. Besides, I've already named the growth (Skip), I figure if it is a permanent thing, why not give it a name?.....................................On a side note, I almost killed somebody else's child today for choking Grace because she wanted the toy she had!!! She actually put both her hands around Grace's neck and it freaked her out so she started to cry. Josh and I noticed it at the same time and he grabbed Grace and I grabbed the little girl's hand! Honestly, what are you supposed to do in a situation like that? I can't beat up a four year old!

2 comments:

R. A. L. III. said...

I miss you 2.. er now 4???

Lisa McIntyre said...

Hey! We miss you too! You should see how big the girls are now!