Saturday, November 10, 2007

A PERFECT DAY FOR A PERFECT BABY...







Today was such a great day. Lily was blessed at 6pm at my parents home with all of our family members around us. We decided to have a more intimate blessing rather than doing it at church. My dad was able to hold Lily in his arms while the blessing took place. This was such a comfort to me to see my dad involved in such an important event for our daughter because I love him so much and know that my parents have had to sacrifice a lot since I became a member of the church. I felt the spirit so strong that I literally could not stop sniffling during the entire blessing. I held Grace and at one point she kissed my cheek because she saw me crying. Josh did such a great job and I am so proud of him. The words that he spoke were very touching and made the entire evening a spiritual experience for all of us. It is amazing at times like this when you realize that God is real just by a feeling in your heart. Both our families get along so well and when we all get together for times like this there are about 50 people so it was a ton of fun. We had close friends attend and the rest was all family. It was a wonderful day and after blessing our daughter it made me reflect on a few things about family. I am so happy to have married into such a great family whom I love very much, and I am so grateful to have been born into such a strong and loving, tight-knit family as I have been. My parents have always been such an example to me of what a good marriage and a strong family is. Josh's parents have been an example in his life as well and given him the tools that he needed to become the man he is today- the man I truly respect and admire, and am absolutely in love with.

4 comments:

Lisa Mc said...

It was a perfect day!!!! Looking at my two girls together, I can't believe how much they look alike.
Thanks for the kind words!!! We love you guys. It was a great day!!! It was so wonderful to have all the family together.

Mamma said...

Last night was wonderful. Dad was so touched to be a part of Lily's blessing, and you know how happy my heart is when we are all together. Lisa, you married into an amazing family. It is so nice to be together and feel like we are all one BIG family. The girls are beautiful.

Carla said...

Lisa, this made me cry! Your family is so beautiful and I am so happy that you had such a wonderful day for your baby girl and dad, too. What a wonderful memory for everyone and what beautiful pictures. We love you guys!

* said...

what a great day!!! it was an honor to be there for such an important event in lily's life... ps... dang he looks good!!! i am one lucky lady!